Here at Saalt, we find that we have two types of customers-the gutsy impulse buyer, and the contemplative, calculated customer, and we love them both!
The former sees a deadly combo of impeccable branding and bespoke packaging, and the product spontaneously jumps off the shelf and into their cart. The latter takes time to mull over the pros and cons, diving into the research and reviews before spending a dime. What they have in common is the desire to break free from disposable period care.
Regardless of what kind of buyer you might be, as you peel back the stickers and slide open the packaging to reveal your new cup, it's important to know that menstrual cups come with a learning curve.
A Learning curve? What does that even mean?
Like most of us, prior to menstrual cups you've probably only tried two forms of period care - pads/pantyliners and tampons. For the most part, pads and tampons are pretty fool-proof (but not leak-proof, am I right?), and require little to no knowledge of your unique anatomy, or even an understanding of how the menstrual cycle works.
This, friends, is the beauty of the menstrual cup. Learning to use your menstrual cup goes hand in hand with becoming acquainted with your unique anatomy, as well as an understanding of your personal menstrual cycle. It's really quite interesting! But it also means you're going to have to give yourself some time to adjust to your cup. You may not get it perfectly on the first try, or even the second, but you can do this! Depending on your upbringing, culture, or general level of comfort with your own body, getting to know your reproductive anatomy can be a little daunting. But we can promise that the journey will leave you feeling confident and empowered.
So, how can I give myself a leg up?
We're glad you asked! We've created a handy list of resources to guarantee smooth sailing.
- First, plug yourself into our community by engaging with fellow Saalt followers on Instagram and Facebook, and most importantly joining our Saalt Cup Academy where thousands of cup users are sharing their sustainable period care journeys.
- Ready to make the switch but have a quick question while shopping? For support, chat with our gurus on Saalt.com.
- Next, get your visual learning on with some Saalt 101 on YouTube!
- Carve out some time in your day to practice, you can just start out by trying to insert it for small periods of time to feel comfortable with the process.
- Lastly, if you run into a few roadblocks along the way, email our Cup Gurus at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our gurus have found Saalt Cup bliss and know all the best tips and tricks to help you get there too!
For some, things just click right away, and for others it's a journey. Just remember this, at Saalt we've built our company around providing community and support for any and all cup users, because we've been there ourselves. And if there's one thing we've learned, it's that taking a leap is easier when someone's holding your hand.